Tuesday, February 5

A Dollar for Remembrance

I will be eating on just a dollar a day.

Many people around the world can only buy food with the change we might have in our pockets. So in response, my girlfriend and I have chosen to eat as they would eat for the next month and a half (until Easter).

A few months ago, I was challenged by a preacher from Memphis. He emphasized the true immensity of God's heart for the poor, hungry, needy, afflicted and suffering. But I didn't know exactly how to respond.

Then my girlfriend brought up this dollar idea just a couple days ago. (Oddly, I had just read the beginning of Romans 12: offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.) I'm not a super-Christian. I just want to worship God more fully and rightly, and this seems to fit with God's heart.

This blog will now be on hold until Easter. I will instead be documenting my experience on this blog, starting February 6. Laura and I want to be able to look back on this to remember what it was like.

So A Dollar to Remember begins.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I love this post..I was just reading this in Proverbs today and it jumped off the page..

Proverbs 21:13 If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.